Improve Outdoor Safety with Security LED Landscape Lighting
The best time of the year is upon us – summertime! It’s a time to plan warm-weather, host barbeques, take picnics and attend weddings and birthday parties. What better way to showcase and protect your home than to install landscape security lighting.
Summer brings enjoyable weather and socialization but also an increase in home burglaries, drowning and other pool-related accidents. Well-lit paths and outdoor areas provide peace of mind to a homeowner.
Outdoor LED landscape lighting is an important safety and security necessity in Alachua County homes.
Why LED Lighting?
LED (Light-Emitting-Diode) is a semiconductor-based light source that makes light using the “electroluminescence” process. Although LED lighting has been around for fifty years, some still confuse LED’s for a new development in the lighting industry.
There are several options for outdoor light source including compact fluorescent, low-pressure sodium and others, but LED light is the widely-used standard.
Benefits of LED Lighting
Tips to Improve Outdoor Safety
1. Position LED lighting with security and safety in mind.
2. Install security lights in the proper locations.
3. Pre-emptively design your security lighting system.
4. Account for local ordinances on light pollution and energy conservation.
5. Choose security lighting fixtures approved by Underwriters Laboratories (UL) with weatherproof designs and finishes features:
6. Properly install security lights.
7. Design a safe and secure lighting system to intimate potential intruders from targeting your property.
8. Maintain Outdoor Security Lights
Florida’s Leader in Outdoor Security Lighting | Lanai Lights
Since 2006, Lanai Lights has provided high-quality security LED lighting products and services to the residents and commercial businesses of Florida and Houston, Texas. Our security outdoor lighting systems provide safety and security to any outdoor space without compromising style.