Did you know that burglary rates are higher during the summer compared to other seasons? According to the U.S. Department of Justice, from 1993 to 2010, burglary rates were the highest in summer months, with a 9% decrease in spring, a 6% decrease in fall, and an 11% decrease in winter.
This summer, protect your Pasco County home with Security LED Lighting. Lanai Lights offers complete lighting solutions to deliver protection and safety.
What is LED Lighting?
LED (Light Emitting Diodes) lights are the latest technological innovation in the lighting industry. LEDs are energy-efficient, deliver longer life-span usage, and are more powerful and durable than conventional incandescent bulbs.
Do Security LED lights prevent burglary?
Lights deter home invaders.
LED Lighting Tips to Keep Your Outdoors Safe
1. Lighting Placement
Install lights with the priority of safety and security.
- Main Entrance: A well-lit main entryway provides security. LED downlights and floodlights are the best choices. Other entry points like gates and back doors should be illuminated by spotlights, accent lights, or tall downlights to discourage unauthorized entry.
- Windows: Windows are additional entry points for burglars. Accent lights deliver security and functionality to the entire façade.
- Pathways: Stairs, retaining walls, or steep slopes should be illuminated to prevent accidental trips or falls.
- Driveways: Overhead street lights or path lights keep vehicles on course in the dark.
- Steps: Stair lights prevent accidental falls, especially during nighttime.
- Parking Lots: Parking lots are the most common location of crime. Tall LED floodlight’s day-like illuminating power keep cars, customers and employees safe.
- Other Areas: Patios, decks, outdoor kitchens, pergolas, gazebos, and trellises.
2. Smart Lighting Systems
With the advancement of technology, smart lighting devices prevent robbers from targeting your home. Set LED lights with auto-timers to turn on and off. Away? Control your lights remotely with a smart home system.
Additional Lighting Systems:
3. Choose LED’s
LEDs are the most common lighting applications used in residences and commercial establishments. Security LED lights offer practicality and several additional benefits including energy efficiency, increased lifespans and decreased heat output.
4. Motion Sensors
Most Security LED light systems include motion sensors. Motion sensors detect movement from up to 10 meters away and will automatically turn on once an object or a person passes by. After 30 seconds of no movement, LED Lights will power down automatically.
5. Choose Fixtures with Purpose
When installing security LED lights, balance lighting with the correct fixtures. Quality patio or garden lighting can be achieved by asking the following questions: